As a community of learners in relationship with the Creator and steeped in Franciscan tradition, Mount Alvernia High School enlightens and shapes courageous, compassionate and articulate women who believe that life has a purpose, who are able to discern the “good” and who will be an effective force for it in the world.
Meet the Class of 2019
"In society, we are sometimes told that our stories are not important and our voices do not need to be heard. When we speak our mind and tell our unique stories, we remind other people of what courage really is - that everyone matters and everyone deserves to be heard.
However, we must also remember that God gave us two ears and one mouth and we need to use them proportionately. Just as it is important to use our voices, we must also listen to other people’s stories because that keeps us open minded and allows us to grow as more compassionate women."
- Grace Madeya '19, Class Valedictorian
News from 790 Centre Street
- Important Change to First Day of School - Dear Mount Alvernia High School Community, I hope you are having a restful and relaxing… Continue Reading
- Pre-season Warm Up and Wellness Check In - The cheer, cross country, soccer, swim/dive and volleyball season will begin in about a month.… Continue Reading
- Important News from Ms. McLaughlin - Dear Friends: I have often recounted the tale of coming to Mount Alvernia as a… Continue Reading
- Biology Lab Undergoes Renovations - Work begins on the existing biology laboratory, as well as the development of a second… Continue Reading
- Reach for the Stars – the Class of 2019 Graduates from 790 Centre Street - On Saturday, May 18, the Class of 2019 received their diplomas during Mount Alvernia High… Continue Reading